Thursday, February 07, 2008

Hi Guys. This is Alex.

You've all been busy writing stuff and i bet you've nearly finished the book already. Can't trump that, sorry. I've read a bit. It took me ages to get into it. I couldn't keep track of the intro events. I thought it was just me being jet lagged, but i can see you guys are having the same problem.

Why does Maffey go on about food so much? Is he a frustrated chef? And what's with the way he keeps writing stuff in Italian? Is it to make me feel stupid because i don't speak italian? Who knows - i'm sure i don't. With a name like Ricardo i guess he's Italian. Maybe it's his way of making a statement and to remind us that English is/was about imperialism. Anyway i wish he wouldn't do it because he drives me crazy when he does.

My advice, for what it's worth, is this: stick with the first few chapters and don't try to work it out - because there's a heap of unnecessary information in the early bits. I'm up to a more interesting part now, so i guess it's been worth the hard work. And it was hard work.

I hope i get to pick the next book we read. After this i think i'll want a change of pace.

Cheers, Alex.

No comments: