Sunday, April 06, 2008

Back in the Great Land of Oz. And lovin' it!!

Hey guys,
I’ve been working outside Australia again and have just returned. I’ve gotta say it was fun to log into Writers Café 101 and read the stuff that had been posted. It made me feel great to be part of the club. And I got a good laugh from Lindsay’s last post.

She’s like the wordsmith Grim Reaper. I’m glad I’m not an author. I’d be too scared to let her anywhere near my books. She’d mow me down like a Sherman tank. Here’s a video to help you get a handle on the damage she’d cause. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-7JZIHsRN0

Still I get the message. There she was all set for a bit of light Easter entertainment, only to have Binx crush her like a chocolate egg. I hope it didn’t turn her off her Easter Bunny loot.

While Lindsay was plotting her revenge on poor old Eugene, I was laughing like a drunken Irishman. No kidding. I had a ball with The Best of Forwarded Emails, by Ram G. Kumar.

This is a great little book to carry around on your laptop. Fantastic for de-stressing difficult client, or boss, related situations that go off the rails. I can guarantee it will defuse the most highly charged confrontation and before you know it, the person who wanted to dismember you, will become your best mate.

Kumar has done an excellent job compiling his material. There are so many great pieces it was hard to select a couple for a suggestion list. Why don’t you start with these, then work your way through the whole lot.

The Future of Customer Care
Funny leave letters and applications sent from India
Appraisal Note – Read between the lines

And every red blooded Aussie lad will love the Beer Theories. This is a great read. Do yourself a favour and download it asap.

Cheers, Alex.

AN IDEA: Lindsay add this to the travelling show repertoire. The Sydney Buses' passengers will love you for it. Pass around a hat and buy yourself the digital book reader "thingy" I think you called it. You know, the one you said you really wanted.

I'M SO IMPRESSED I TOLD MY MUM ABOUT RAM.
I downloaded another one of Ram's eBooks for my mother. On a scale of 1 - 10 (1 low), I'd say my mum's computer application skills are about 7.5., so I downloaded Getting IT Right for her. It's a very small work, but packed with great stuff to help computer newcomers get a handle on a few things. I reckon it'd work for a lot of people who just need to brush up of stuff they've forgotten. Come to think of it; just about anyone will find it useful. Even the CompNerds might find something useful in it. Good Gear. Do the download!





http://www.globusz.com/ebooks/GettingIT/index.htm

No comments: