Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's time to get serious, I say! (Alex)

I'm making an investment in my corporate smarts hedge-fund. I've been tossing the idea around for weeks, and now it's time for action. How's that grab ya? You're pretty impressed, right?

The time for fun is over and I've gotta get serious. So I'm having a crack at this eBook. In two weeks, I'm off overseas again, and this will be a great title to impress the person who sits next to me on the plane. They'll think i'm a really clever dude. I could get lucky; my travel companion might be way-up-there brainy. And they might help me out if the stuff's a bit over my head. Whatya think? Good idea?

Increasing Efficiency in Business, A Contribution to the Psychology of Business by Walter Dill Scott. SYNOPSIS: We've built machines to become more efficient in business, but humans remain human -- and inefficient. But must that always be the case? According to renowned business psychologist Walter Dill Scott, managers can help workers find their "second wind," the point at which they move past their previous limits and achieve top performance. Applying psychology to business, Scott wrote, "when a man is doing what he believes to be his best, he is still able to do better; when he is completely exhausted, he is, under proper stimulus, able to continue." In Increasing Human Efficiency in Business, Scott explores how to create motivation for success. He looks at factors such as imitation, competition, loyalty, concentration, wages, pleasure, "the love of the game," relaxation, and habit formation. He hopes to find each worker's latent powers and hidden stores of energy to discover "wider horizons of honorable and profitable activity."

It might be a while before i post my comments. Be kind; the delay won't be because I'm slack. It'll be just because my employer actually expects me to meet deadlines. I tell my boss all the time, that i've got more important stuff to attend to, but he just doesn't get it. He keeps checking my time sheets to make sure i'm not fudging the figures. Poor guy. He should get with the program and join the club too. www.globusz.com/ebooks/Increasing/index.htm

See ya guys.

Hey Lindsay, just gotta tell ya, that i loved your Zen review. Don't let anyone tell ya it's over the top. It's great. From the comments even the author thinks you did him a favour. Can't wait to read your next review. I'll be checking the blog all the time i'm away. And showing it to my workmates. They think you're a cool chick. Cya! This is Alex, over and out.

1 comment:

Christine, Suzanne and the Team said...

Hi Alex,
Watch out for those way-up-there brainy people. Some of them bite.

Say hi to your work colleagues and ask them when they’re going to join the club.

I’m looking forward to reading your comments on this book. I read it ages ago. It will be interesting to compare notes when you publish your post.

Have a great trip. See you when you get back to OZ.

Check the blog whenever you feel a little homesick.

Cheers, Suzanne