Friday, March 07, 2008

Lindsay's Round Two Choice

Hey guys,

I've decided to read Zen & The Art of Stand Up Comed by Eugene Binx

I've had my eye on it for a while now and keen to get started. I haven't spoken with Frances yet, so I don't know if we'll do round two of the travelling theatre. I'll keep you posted on that one.

Can't wait to see what the other BLs grab off the bookshelf this month. It's all a bit revealing isn't it? There's an old saying, 'show me your book case and I'll know all about you.'

Zen & The Art of Stand-up Comed by Eugene Binx Nineteen-year-old Norman Smith arrives in the East End of London in the summer of 2002. The well educated Art College drop out from Birmingham is to lodge and work with his Uncle Ernest and Auntie Katie. Norman is an indecisive directionless gentle giant of a young man. Having settled at once into the role of the Son that Ernest and Katie never managed, he continues to drift through life. Within 36 hours of arriving he is seduced by Nancy Trollop, Katie’s best friend. She is twice Norman’s age and their relationship will be the cause of all that happens to him in London and perhaps even thereafter. Through this relationship, Norman is taken on as the Doorman at a new Stand-up comedy venue in the area, “The Two Buttocks.” His life continues still without him making any decisions and he goes on to become Compare, Comedian and Manager at the venue, all by default.

I've already downloaded the eBook to my laptop. Gotta get me one of those digital reader thingys. I think the ATO will agree it's a ligit work related expense. I read a bloody truckload of stuff each day; so why not?

Don't wait too long guys. I've worked it out that it will take us around 10.45 years to get through the current eBooks Globusz has in its library. And that's if we read two books every month. No time out!

So get to it guys!

Cheers, Lindsay.

No comments: